7.22.2009

Our First Balcony Garden

Since both of us stayed up in Logan this summer - no internships or anything like that - we decided to do a little garden. We have a balcony that we have hardly ever used because half of the year it's too cold out side and covered in snow or there is the constant threat of being hit by a way-word golf ball. Some neighbors of my parents gave us a couple of starter plants so we went out and got what we needed to plant them on the balcony. Now because we were not sure of what type everything was we could not know exactly what we needed. But honestly, I was not expecting to grow tomato plants that were as tall as I am. That one is huge.

Last weekend we pulled the first couple of tomatoes. It has been so much fun to watch and take care of the plants, and since it's a surprise about what we are going to actually get - that has made it even more fun.

Since I'm not going to help Paul eat any of the tomatoes or other vegetables that we are growing we got me a plant as well. The one with the purple flowers is one I got for a bridal shower and it is still going strong - that was three years ago. The one in the yellow pot has red flowers with a yellow center.


Signature_Small

2 Thoughts:

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

That's awesome! I wish we had a balcony. But, our window sills are working pretty well for growing :) I noticed a small bud come up on my strawberry plant! Whoo-hoo! You should grow herbs :)

Sara said...

Wow guys way to grow. ;O) Sorry I couldn't help my self. The garden looks great, keep up whatever you are doing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails