11.09.2009

Christmas Music

Lately I have heard a lot of people who have mentioned and do not really like it when people play Christmas music "too early." Now I am not one who can listen to it before Halloween - mixing the two seems a bit odd to me but I will start listening to it in November.

Christmas is not about making a list to make sure you get exactly what you want or even about the presents. To me it is a feeling - I am happier and seem to have a smile on my face for two months straight, no matter what. People are better to each other and more forgiving. Except on those few day right before Christmas when all the last minute shopping is being done.

Listening to Christmas music is a way for me to make that feeling and cheer stretch. Ask my mission companions, since we don't get involved in Halloween it was all they could do to keep me from listening to Christmas carols in October. So to those who say it is too early, I do not think so.

I have changed my player on the blog to Christmas. Normally I don't have the player start automatically either. Having the music play while trying to read someones blog can be kind of hard. But in honor of the season and reason, the player will start automatically if you scroll down to it - just pause it yourself.

Signature_Small

2 Thoughts:

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

I love Christmas music too :) Overall, it is really beautiful music that just makes you feel good!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails