4.16.2010

Our Balcony Garden

In Personal Progress one of the activities we can do is plant a garden. Paul and I had so much fun doing this last year and watching everything grow we wanted to do it again.

On Tuesday the Relief Society had a class on pot and planter box gardening. The couple that instructed the class are in our ward and have their own garden shop here in town. It was so interesting and informative, now I just hope I can implement all this new information.

We went to the store and got a starter kit to start growing our seeds inside. Then we had to get seeds. There was this huge wall of seed packages. Paul loves tomato's so he got 4 or 5 different types to plant, same with peppers, I got one jalapeno pepper to spice up all those tomato's and for homemade salsa, YUM. This year I want to try strawberry's and peas. I remember growing up our neighbors did peas and they were so tasty to eat right out of the garden.

We could have done better last year but really, we didn't do too bad either. I'm excited to see what we can grow this year and knowing a little bit more about how to take care of my plants.

Signature_Small

2 Thoughts:

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

That is so much fun :) I love gardening!

Yea said...

I'm pretty excited for it! We had a lot of fun waking up in the morning and checking on them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails