6.17.2011

Too Much Time vs. Not Enough Time

I can't believe how fast the summer has gone by!!! It seems like there is so much to get done and yet I still have so much time on my hands. The problem with having too much time is that I really have no rush or urgency to get stuff done. Why? you may ask ... Because I always have tomorrow to finish what I don't get done today. There are a number of projects I want to get done for baby Yeates coming in October but that seems like such a long time away.

On the other side of the coin: there is not enough time to get done everything we want/need to before we leave. Last semester I was on top of packing and getting ready for the move but as our deadline approaches to head out to Connecticut {if we forget something there's no turning around to get it} I'm not feeling the same pressure to get everything packed. Granted, most of the 'household' stuff is still packed and in storage, but we moved down here during the winter and have slowly gotten out one box after another as we have needed things. But I still have the whole month of July to get all this stuff packed again.

My family has been trying to plan a couple of activities together because Paul and I really don't know when we will be back. Will it be all three of us or just me and the baby during finals week? Who knows!!! The weekends are filling up quickly with parties and camping and all sorts of other stuff. I have some projects that I want to get done so I don't have to take out a bunch of half finished things for baby but I seem to be so busy with this or that, I don't have time to start working on blankets and stuff for her room.

Where to start? But why? I can always do it tomorrow......

The good news is, I think we have finally found a place to move into. A lady in the ward we want to move into was great enough to go check it out for us and send pictures. We won't know for a bit if we get it or not, the gentleman renting it out is going to be out of town until after the 4th of July, and doing some renovating on the place as well that he doesn't think will be done until the middle of July. We were told, and we could see from the pictures as well, there is a lot of work going into it and it's looking really nice.

The house....

The backyard....


Signature_Small

1 Thoughts:

Jessie said...

I hope you get this place! It looks nice! It would definitely be a lot better with the baby coming. Plenty of room to stretch and get established :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails