7.22.2008

Just some stuff

Well, after seeing the Dark Knight for the second time last night I am pretty convinced that it one of the best, if not the best, movies I have seen in probably the past 5 years I have been home from my mission. Ledgers portrayal of the Joker ranks up at the top of the list of the most incredible "bad guys" of all time. The cinematography was fantastic. Now I normally don't go see movies in the theaters, especially not 2 times, but this one by far has to be seen on the big screen. Don't miss out.
Well here in the fantastic world of the Old Lyric Theatre Company we are winding down to the final weeks of the season, thank heavens. Although it has been long tiresome hours and a lot of work, I have had a lot of fun. On Sunday we had our company picnic over at willow park. I realized that for as many backgrounds as we all have there are some pretty awesome people here. We had a lot of fun playing on the rubber band, football, some played croquet and the other weird game with the balls (botchi ball maybe?), but overall we're like a family. Most of us will see each other again when school starts, but many will go back to various places such as Idaho, New York, and Kentucky, but they will always be good friends. The apprentices this year are pretty awesome. That's why I saw The Dark Knight twice, they paid for me to go. I've got a good couple of years on them but they are still some of my really good friends.
After Yellowstone I will be working as a scenic painter for the show Music Man that will be in the Egyptian Theatre in Park City. I was also a painter for the Cabaret set they did last winter. Recently in a move to get some additions built onto the shop, theatre and other various places around the fine arts center on campus we have started taking on a lot of outside jobs, to prove we can handle the work and therefore receive upgrades. The Egyptian Theatrre is just the beginning of these new friendships we have made, and I expect that I will be involved with quite a few more productions for them as well as many others.
I'm excited for school. It will be a semester that will keep me going that's for sure but it will be loads of fun. I have a lighting design for the show Lysistrata next semester. Let's just say it is a show that one professor claims "fits the time." More to come on that. I'm really excited for the shows next year, they will be pretty good. Assassins and the Christmas Carol top the list and I think that if we pull them off good we should be able to see numbers of visiting patrons skyrocket. Well I've rambled on now for quite some time, so ate mais.

2 Thoughts:

Unknown said...

Wow, did you have some stuff to say. I'm excited to go to Yellowstone as well. It will be a nice trip before the whirl wind of the school year sets in.

Watts Family said...

Busy girl!

I didn't really like that movie because I thought it was to dark. But I am glad that you liked it so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails