9.02.2008

Happy Anniversary - Chuck & Kathy

My parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary this year. We tried to do something for their 25th but that was the same week I left for my mission so 30 was the next big number and decided to through them a surprise party. My sister-in-law, Katie, was the one who really pulled it off; I helped but was limited since Paul and I were in Yellowstone while it was being planned. We had Aunt Rita and Uncle Kel get them out of the house, the only thing that worked was taking my dad to Cabela's, so naturally they arrived an hour later then planned. One thing that our family has really enjoyed is having a yard big enough to have everyone over and play outdoor games, like the human rubber band, bocce ball and frisbee. For another great outdoor sport all of us kids went in together and got a volleyball net for them, one that can go up and down really easy. My dad didn't want a sand volleyball court cause it would end up being the neighborhood litter box. I don't blame him. There was just family and a couple of close friends that we were able to invite; we did this all in a week so it was short notice. To get pictures of the volleyball game that was going on I had to use the night shot on the camera but because everyone is moving around it's really blurry, but you get the idea. It was a lot of fun and a complete surprise to my parents and they loved it. Thanks to all the family that came and helped make the night great.


1 Thoughts:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

That night was super fun! I'm glad Sean invited me to come!

P.S. I heard you're pretty sick Mindy! Get well soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails