9.26.2008

Getting a hair cut

For those who know me, I love my long hair. I got it cut last year for school headshots in February and I almost had a heart attack. It still stayed pretty long but I cut six inches off and it was crazy how much faster I could wash it in the shower.

I had a bad experience once getting a short hair cut when I was a kid and because of my, we'll call them round, cheeks I looked like a cabbage patch doll. My hair is long enough that I've been cutting it myself for the last 10 years but know I've finally decided to go get some more style put into it. See I'm scared of the commitment that who ever cuts it is going to blow it then I'll be stuck with a horrible haircut until it grows out. This is so funny because I read so many places where moms take their kids in to get hair cuts and the kids freak out about it, I'm a grown women and I'm freaking out about getting my hair cut. This seems even crazier that I would be so hung-up on this since I have NO problem changing the color of my hair at the drop of a hat. Boom I'm blonde, boom I'm burnet. No matter the season or the reason, I love to color my hair. However the thought of getting it cut and having the "stylist" screw up the job terrifies me. I'll see if I can't find a before picture and get one after, that is if I don't chicken out and just end up getting it trimmed.

To be continued . . .

2 Thoughts:

Jenny Erazo said...

CAn't wait to see what you decide to do!!!

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Oh I love your hair, it's so beautiful. I'm with you though about getting my hair cut. I've been growing my hair out for over a year now and have a stylist that I love and trust with my hair. Recently when he gave me bangs with some fringe around my face, I was getting so scared. I almost didn't let him do it and when I saw how much hair was on the floor, I nearly had a heart attack even though he didn't cut off any length.
Good luck with your new cut!

Related Posts with Thumbnails