9.02.2008

Death of the Blue Chair

I came back up to Logan on the weekend of the 15th-17th because Paul was sick. I wanted to take care of him and get some cleaning done around the house, so he didn’t feel like he had to do it, before school started. On my way to Logan after work I heard that a home furnishings store was doing a drawing for a dish washer, recliner and king mattress and box spring.

A little background …… Anyone who has been to our place knows about the blue chair that we have in our living room that Paul just loves and I can’t stand. The reason he loves it so much is because I don’t care what he does to it; jumps on it, puts his feet up, whatever. Unlike our pink chairs that were given to us by his parents, while I’m not totally excited about having pink in my living room, the chairs are in great condition and I usually keep them covered with stuff so that people can’t sit in them. When we have guests over, family or friends they love to sit in them because they are so comfortable but then they put their feet on them or put a leg over the arm of the chair and I can’t stand that. They are our chairs and I want them to last.

So, even though Paul was ready for bed by the time I got to Logan I made him come with me to put his name in the drawing, I had a good feeling about this one like when we got the TV and surround system. Poor kid was so miserable and the worst part was you had to be present to win. We didn’t win the dishwasher, oh well. So we went and got dinner then came back for the next drawing. We were laying on the Tempur­-Pedic adjustable beds and Paul said “if they call out my name you’ll have to yell for me.” Four minutes later they call out his name so I yell to let them know we’re there and not to move onto the next name. The next morning while Paul was sleeping a friend and I went to pick up the chair so Paul wouldn’t have to get out of bed. Later I got Paul up and told him to come down stairs and I would get him breakfast and surprise …. the chair was there. He sat in it for about 3 minutes, tossed out the old blue chair and went right back to bed. He said it was a good thing we won the chair or he would have been mad that I kept him up so late.

2 Thoughts:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Congrats on the new chair! From what I hear, you guys are pretty lucky with these sorts of things!

Yea said...

Ya, it's crazy but I think it's just because Logan is so small that when you enter you could actually win.

Related Posts with Thumbnails