5.26.2010

Photo Heaven

I am in Photo Heaven right now. In two and a half weeks we will be having a birthday party for my Grandpa and his wife of 17 years. They are both turning 80 this June. My mom and my Aunt have really been getting into it and getting all the details done. I think it will be great. The part I am doing is making a video for both of them of their First 80 Years. When I started out I knew this was going to be quite the task.

For my Grandma (she isn't my biological Grandma but she is the sweetest lady you will every meet, so I love to call her Grandma), well I have only met her family a couple of times. I am working with her son up in Alaska to get family pictures. This is going slow because he is my only contact and I don't know any of her family in SLC to get a hold of to ask for photos. This is still a work in progress. I know, I need to work faster.

For my Grandpa, he is a fantastic story teller and when he gets going the whole family knows not to interrupt him. I mean he remembers the best details, kid from elementary school, he still can recall first and lasts names. I think it's also because he's stories are so different than ours, they didn't have computers, the Internet even electricity was new. He told us that when he was growing up and the house was newly wired, everyone would go stand outside on the lawn and one brave soul would go turn on the lights. What a different time. Back to the pictures. Since it's my own family and I have a bit more contacts I have been going everywhere to get photos. There are some great ones, ones I've never seen and that no one else knew were around except the one person who had them. I want to share some with my family that I have collected so far.

That little baby in the middle, that's my grandpa!

I know that my grandpa is on the back row, second to last.
My Aunt Judee is the little girl in front with her back turned to the camera.

Uncle Ken and His dad
{My Great Grandpa}
Signature_Small

1 Thoughts:

Jessie said...

I love to hear stories about my family. My great aunt is last person alive who can tell us who people are in pictures, where places are, where people lived during certain years, and all sorts of details. It's fascinating what you can learn from pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails