1.09.2009

I am ready to walk on my own

As many of you know I got my stitches out on Tuesday. It was a long drive down to Salt Lake Monday night but we made it safely. I've never had any kind of injury that required more than a band-aid and a kiss so to have to go in for surgery, get stitches, be stuck on crutches - well let's just say it was a bit much for me. I am also someone that doesn't mind watching weird things, like Dr.'s cleaning up a cut from a saw, unless it is on me.

Let me break for a minute. The week before I was supposed to get my stitches out the office called me and told me that they needed to change my appointment time because my Dr. broke her ankle and she had to go see her foot Dr. Apparently what happened was the day after my surgery Dr. Edwards broke her ankle and got her stitches out that day before I came into get my stitches out. I told them that I had never had anything like this done before so I asked them what it was going to be like to get the stitches out. I figured it would be like when you get a hair caught in your shirt and you pull it out, they said that was pretty similar.

When they finally got to it I had them lay the chair down so I could not watch what was going on. I kind of wish I didn't now but I thought it was going to hurt a lot more then it did. And really it only felt like little needle pricks as they were cut out. The arrow in marker on my foot is where she marked it so that they made sure to cut open the correct foot.




















I was told that I could get my foot wet enough to rinse it off but not to soak it. They also told me that I needed to start walking on it and that by my next appointment next Thursday they wanted me to be walking on my own with no crutches. OH how wonderful. I can not wait to walk on my own two feet again.


Since Tuesday I have been trying to walk on my own and practice at night in our living room. It's carpeted and so I won't slip and fall. The last two days my ankle has been too sore to put any real pressure on it and my walking looked more like a hop. BUT today, I finally went out of the house without the crutches tonight. Granted it was only the 10' to the car but still that is something. I don't know if I'm daring enough to go out in public with just my own two feet but I figure I might try it on Sunday for Church. Now the only problem is the boot that I'm in is one sized too big for me. But with my foot still swollen I can't get it into my smaller boot which is a lot e
asier to walk in.

2 Thoughts:

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

Goodness me, that looks so painful! Here's hoping you will be walking on your own in no time! :) Good Luck dear!

Watts Family said...

Ouch! I couldn't take all that pain, you go girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails