1.26.2009

Speak Now

The theatre department at Utah State puts on a play of one acts every year. This is so that those who want to participate without the stress of a main stage show can and also so that they can try doing something different then what they are used to. For instance, Paul is a Technical Theatre major so he gets to design sets but his favorite is lighting design, but in this show he could have the opportunity to act. In high school Paul found a one act that he really liked and this was the perfect opportunity for him to act perform it. I read the play and thought it was really cute but I am TOO shy to get up on the stage and perform in front of people so he needed to find a theatre girl. He asked a freshman, Gwendolyn. They told me that I could not come to any of the rehearsals because they wanted to keep it a surprise for me.

A friend of mine came up to visit on Saturday night. Paul's mom and sister-in-law came up to watch Paul and then my parents called in the afternoon and said that they wanted to come up and see Paul. Gwen was a little nervous about doing the scene with Paul and having me there so they asked us not to sit in the front row. When Katie, my parents and I got there Vonda and Brandy were already saving us seats on the second row. The first row was completely filled up except for the one seat in front of me, and Gwen spent a lot of the show at that corner of the stage. At one point we both looked at each other at the same time, I have to be honest, it was a little awkward and we both looked away. If she would of known who all the people were around me, I'm sure she would of been even more nervous.

I remembered to tell Katie and my Parents how the scene was going to end but I forgot to mention that at one point Paul takes his clothes off to try and make a rope out of them. Needless to say, they were all a little shocked. The play turned out really well. It was so much fun to watch Paul act. A number of the main stage actors came up to him afterwards and told him that he did really well, had a good stage presence and very clear stage voice. I thought that I would share some of the pictures with you. ENJOY.

I watched both showings and the first one was a little weird but they both did such a wonderful job.

3 Thoughts:

Watts Family said...

Go Paul Go!! I wish I could of saw it, I bet he did great.

Yea said...

He did really great. He was pretty excited about the compliments that main stage actors gave him. I have enjoyed going to the shows so much, especially knowing that Paul has worked on them with the lighting, design and whatever.

Jessie said...

I would have loved to see that. I've seen enough plays where guys undress, or cross-dress. They tend to be some of the better ones.

Related Posts with Thumbnails