1.20.2010

Holiday Crafts

This post is coming a bit late - but better late than never. For Christmas, since things were a bit tight, we decided to do homemade gifts. There is something a bit more special about a gift that someone has put themselves into. As many know I took the opportunity this last summer to reteach myself how to crochet. Last year I made scarves and my mom absolutely loves hers. She said that people have given her so many complements on it and asked where she got it. This year we decided it would be fun to make a couple more for family. I hope they enjoy them.

I have come across a couple of cute beanie ideas and decided to put them all into one. With two new nieces in the family , who are just adorable, I decided to make all of our nieces and nephew a beanie. Of course the spiral design would not work for our nephew so I made it with a straight design and made the band a bit thinner.

Unfortunately I forgot my camera everywhere we went over Christmas break so I did not get any pictures of them in their beanies. However, Pauls mom sent us a couple. Oh my goodness I could not be more excited about how cute they turned out. Bailly already had a white one so I made her a grey one that would still work with her little flower clips. If I ever remember my camera I'll be sure to get more pictures and put them up.


Signature_Small

3 Thoughts:

Watts Family said...

Those are so cute Min. I can't wait to see the one you made Mia. You're the best.

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

I love the little white hat! Do you have a pattern for it? Maybe one in baby, and one in Laura sized heads? :) So cute!!

I love the scarves too! You chose great colors :)

Unknown said...

I have a pattern in my head. It's a mix between a couple of styles I liked but I do not know how to articulate that into a written pattern.

I just made one for my cousin who is having her baby this month. It's so tiny and cute. Here are some others that I have made.

http://www.etsy.com/search_results_shop.php?search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_7819655&search_query=beanie

If we met up some time I would be happy to show you.

Loves.

Related Posts with Thumbnails