1.01.2010

I Love...

The 5 Disc DVD Changer. Over the break Paul and I decided to watch some of the movie series that we have, or borrowed from my sister. First of all, we would both much rather watch a movie at home. You can start, stop and pause whenever you want to. You can get much more comfortable on your own sofa than in a crowded theatre where you cannot put your feet up and, in my case, where your feet do not even touch the ground in those newer seats. I canmot remember the last movie I went to where no phones started ringing and some Nimrod didn't actually answer it like he wasn't disturbing anyone else. Ah it is like phones in church...they just are not needed. All that is happening is the person who wants to listen to the lesson or speaker is being disturbed and the person who paid to see the movie is distracted. If you do not want to listen or watch then stay home and play on your phone. Ok...there is my little soapbox moment.

Last week we did Lord of the Rings - the extended version. For movies like that, where they come on two discs, the DVD changer is fantastic. Just push the button and bam, nothing more than a 5 second intermission. Last night we watched the first two Harry Potter's. There was no need to get up and change out the DVD. Our friends that were over thought that was fantastic.

While it does not happen very often that we just sit and watch movies back to back - they really are great on the occasions that we do. For instance while I was home recovering from surgery I could not bend at the waste to make myself sit up, I had to have Paul help me. Before Paul would leave for school he would load in a bunch of movies for me and I would be able to stay there in bed or on the recliner. Fantastic!!!

Signature_Small

0 Thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails