1.02.2010

Personal Progress

I am so excited to be in Young Women's. To be able to work with the girls, to go to camp and to work on my Personal Progress. It is like being on the Mission again and having goals to work towards. LOVE IT!! When I was in Young Women's - a long long time ago - I received all the Gold medallions. Just a little while after I was out they changed the program a bit and the medallion went to silver. Within the last couple of years my mom has been in YW and was able to receive the silver one - I much rather prefer the silver over the gold - and now I have the opportunity to get it.

The church has changed the program again slightly and added the value of virtue. The medallions have been changed slightly but there is still one in silver. Every time I go to mutual or class on Sunday I get excited all over again. Sometimes I wish I could run a USB cord from my brain to the girls and share with them everything I have learned. Since that technology is not around I will have to settle for teaching them how to recognize the Spirit.

On my brief sabbatical from living my life the way I knew I should, there was one thing that kept me from doing anything truly ridiculous and keeping me from harms way. It was all those lessons I had heard about how to act as a daughter of God, I knew he loved me NO MATTER WHAT, that I could talk to him anytime; these were all things that I remember hearing in class on Sunday's. When it came down to it I knew I was not as happy as I had been when I was doing what I knew I should. One night in my bedroom it hit me like to load of bricks and so that night I 'accidentally' lost my cell phone with all of my 'friends' numbers. That is what I want for these girls, and everyone, is to know that they can always come back and that they are never alone.

I just got an e-mail from the YW president with a link to the article in the New Era about the changes that are happening with Personal Progress. That's right, I am all fired up again. My mom has always been a great example of living the gospel and putting others first. I hope that I can do the same and show the girls through my example how excited I am to work on becoming a better person, improving my skills and my faith.

Signature_Small

2 Thoughts:

Jan LaRee said...

oh man young womens. I am way jealous.

Yea said...

I really am so excited. I hope I don't blow it ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails