10.23.2008

Visiting Designer: Vicente Wolf

Every semester our program brings in Visiting Designers and we work on a project that they give us. When they get here we hold a critique of the projects. This one was an ADA lever meaning it has to be operable with one hand; no tight grasping, pinching, or twisting of the wrist. I felt pretty good about my presentation and design. I'll quickly explain my design process so you know how I got to my final. The place that the lever is supposed to be used is in an NYC condominium. Well I love being up in Logan and I wanted to bring nature in decided on the texture of a tree trunk. The easiest way to go about this was to find a branch that would work since modeling it in CAD was out of the question and using clay would just take too long. So here it is. After a couple of days of hiking a found a branch that worked out pretty well.


0 Thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails