12.23.2008

IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME

It has been great to be able to be here with my parents and my mom has been the BEST to help take care of me. But I'm feeling homesick. Since last Friday I have been sleeping on my parents sofa while Paul is up in Logan working. He has been putting in long 10 hour days to try and get a set done that he is working on. Where I need so much help to do anything it was better for me to stay with my mom so that she could help me throughout the day. Paul was going to try and come down this past weekend but with the weather as of late, he was not able to make it down, we decided it would be better if he did not try to go through the canyon. They have been working really hard on the project so that hopefully they won't need to work on it after Christmas so that will be nice to have Paul to myself for a bit before school starts, we have a lot of cleaning that needs to happen and I can't do it since I'm on crutches. I've had some long days here too. Since those two crashes last weekend were I landed on my foot my mom won't take me out with her to run errands, she is a good mom - she worries about me falling, so I'm stuck here at the house. Paul said that he is going to try and make it down either tonight or tomorrow morning depending on what the canyon looks like when he gets done at work. I am so excited to see him even though we have not quite figured out the sleeping arrangements. I have to sleep on the sofa that is a little more stiff, it helps to keep my foot propped up, the softer one is too uncomfortable to sleep on with the boot. We'll see what ends up happening.
I'm just excited to see him again.

1 Thoughts:

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

That would be so hard! I am glad you get to see him for Christmas :) And, it sounds like you do have a great Mom! I would be afraid of you getting broken too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails