12.11.2008

My Surgery

First I would like to say "Thanks" to all my family that have called showing concern. I had no idea that so many people kept up with our little blog.

I finally have all the details on my surgery and thought I would post it to let everyone know. I go in tomorrow (12th) at 8:30. The surgery should only take about an hour from the time they put me on the table and when I come out from being under. As she was telling me about the surgery and telling us everything that was going to be done it actually sounds pretty interesting. Then she asked if I wanted to be awake for it and watch, NO thank you. Either knock me out with the gas or take me out with a 2x4. There is no way I want to be awake for that. They are going to sew up the tare in my tendon then wrap it to keep it tight. Of course the Dr. had to go over everything that could go wrong, how comforting. She said that in the past five years that she has been doing this surgery this particular way that everyone has said the pain in their ankles has gone and no one has had to come in to repair anything that has gone wrong. Paul will be coming with me to the surgery, where they have valet parking. I have asked him to bring the camera so that we can be sure to record this event. I'm sure that we'll get some really great pictures as I'm trying to come out of the anesthesiology.

The next four weeks I will have to keep my foot elevated and keep weight off of it. I plan on studying for an exam I want to take and doing a bunch of genealogy. We met a lady who is third cousins with Paul and she told me that she would love to sit down with me and go over the Family History. I am so excited to learn more, we have met three of Paul's third cousins and one of them is in our Church ward. It will be so interesting to see what stories they have. The exam is so that I can be a LEED AP. It's not something that I have to do but something that a group of friends at school have decided to do. It will be nice to add that to our name on resumes and GREEN is the way the industry is going, and in this economy it is great to have as much behind you as possible when going out to look for a job.

2 Thoughts:

Jenny Erazo said...

Mindy...thanks for the update! Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

Good luck today Mindy! I hope it all goes well :) Geneology will keep you busy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails