6.27.2010

The First 80 Years

I have some catching up to do.

On the 12th of June we had a birthday party for my Grandpa and Grandma Nuesmeyer. They have been married 17 years and are both celebrating their 80th birthdays this month.


My mom had decided to have a party and invite both sides of the family. Her and my aunt went to town. Delegating assignments and making sure as many people knew about it as could come. I was in charge of the video montage for them. Since I had only meat my Grandmas side of the family once or twice it was going to be hard to get pictures of her kids, grand kids and great-grand kids. I e-mailed as much as I could and was able to get a few.

After scanning a bunch of pictures for both of them I put it all to music. I can not tell you how many times I watched it, making sure the timing worked out, that all the pictures looked good... When I finally put it up on the big screen it looked so different from what I had been watching on my computer monitor ~ I loved it. After words there were a number of people who came up to me and told me they really liked it, they wondered where I got all those photos, and if they could have a copy. Of course!! What would be the point in doing all that work if I wasn't going to share? Whenever I make these videos I love to give CD's with all the pictures on them so that the rest of the family can enjoy the pictures as much as I have. This way they can print them off, look through them and have a copy for themselves.

I was so happy that everyone enjoyed the video. If I ever get a YouTube account I'll put them up so you can see them.

I had a short history from both of them.
So many fun facts.

The Birthday Couple!!

The Nuesmeyer side of the family.

Paul about to land on his pocket of keys while playing Volleyball.

And...Because we don't like to waist anything...
the after party with the balloons.

Signature_Small

0 Thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails