11.09.2011

Gratitude: Day 7

POWER!!!

Today I have been sitting around feeling sorry for us thinking all I want is to go home & have my home be warm. It's been hard for me to think of something I was grateful for. By the end of the day I still hadn't come up with anything & needed to make the hour drive from where we were starting to go get Paul from school.

It was just before 8 by the time I got Abigail & Bentley in the car. I was on the phone with Paul letting him know we were on our way & my phone made a tick sound in my ear. I didn't think anything of it until I got off with Paul and noticed that I had a missed call & 2 text messages roll across the ticket on the bottom of my phone. 'POWER!!!'

I had just gotten out of the neighborhood & puked over to call Paul. I can not even convey the feeling of joy ay that moment. We decided to have me go back & pack up all out stuff so we could go home tonight. It would be about 2 hours before we got there so our place would have time to warm up. When I walked back in the front door the family we have bern staying with knew exactly what was going on. Allyson helped me load everything up and get it all in the car, unfortunately the trunk of the car bit her on the nose.

Yep, there sure was power. By the time we got home it has been 9 days & 9 nights. Turns out that when the power was originally turned on {Friday night} it blew a fuse. That's right, to come change a little tiny fuse it took them an extra 3 days &2 big guys with their big trucks. AHHHHH!!!

There is still a crisp feel in the air so I turned the heater up. As soon as I sat down to enjoy being in my own place my body felt so sick. Hopefully it's just the stress from this last while &i can just sleep it off.

0 Thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails