11.18.2008

And the bottom drops out.

There I am in a meeting trying to put together and outline for a group project. It needs to be 10 pages long and we have to present on it for 17-20 minutes. No it's not that big a deal but we haven't gotten much done on it because our group is so big and we are trying to work around everyones schedule instead of just moving forward. Now we have two weeks to come up with our paper and presentation.

I hate it when you're in a group meeting and people are talking about tons of different things, texting the whole time, ya know just shooting the breeze. This time it was my phone that was ringing and I felt like I needed to take it. As soon as I heard the voice on the other end I lost it. Last week I went to get an MRI for an injury that has been hurting so bad lately, and I have an apt. with my Dr. this Thursday to see what the deal is. Apparently the news couldn't wait. I will be having surgery over Christmas to reattach my tendons in my ankle. Luckily I still have my Boot from when I got home from my mission. I am supposed to wear that up until the surgery and four weeks after the surgery. I know I said I love this time of year but this is not what I was planning on doing with my time off from school.

I even have to wear the boot to the wedding. Bla. Sorry Brandy and Jake.

I got back into our group meeting and try to stay composed but one of the kids said something to try and play a prank on me. Well when I opened my mouth to laugh at him and tell Him I didn't buy it I started crying instead. With the stress of the end of the semester and papers, exams, projects and finals all happening this week I lost it. If anyone in my group reads this I am so sorry for that. But I'm glad that we did get some work done on our paper so our two hour meeting wasn't a waste.

2 Thoughts:

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

I'm sorry to hear about the surgery Mindy! What was the injury from? That seems to be how life goes at times. When it rains, it pours! I'll keep you in our prayers, and take care of yourself! :)

Yea said...

It's an accident that happened over the summer. Thanks for your prayers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails