11.07.2008

Portuguese

We have decided that we would like to take a vacation when either I or Paul graduates and Paul would love to go down to Brazil. The goal is that I need to learn enough Portuguese so that when we go I can understand what is being said. If we waited until I was able to carry on a fluent conversation we would never be able to go. I just want enough that I can carry on a simple conversation and don't have to sit there the whole time asking Paul "what did they say?" and be able to ask where the restroom is. Of course Paul is all for the idea and so he is VERY anxious to help me learn. He pulled out his grammar book from his mission and we now read the Book of Mormon in Portuguese at night. I can't say how many times I have read the Book of Mormon but now that I am concentrating so intensely on every single word I have gained an even greater love for it and how the Spirit can speak to us about the truth of it. I'm actually surprised at how much of it I'm picking up on too, but I'm getting the Spanish I took mixed up every once in a while. I think I'm going to make up cards to go along with the scriptures that I'm trying to re-memorize from the Preach My Gospel lessons.

P.S. Christmas is in 7 weeks. I could jump right out of my skin. I love the Holiday Season.

0 Thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails