11.28.2008

Thanksgiving Recap

Wednesday 26th

We spent the whole evening over at Paul's Parents house. I seem to need come down to Salt Lake for all sorts of things but Paul has not been down here since his sister left on her mission. These long holiday weekends we spend our time going around trying to visit as many people as we can so we thought it would be nice to get a good chunk of family time in with his family. While Paul played on the Wii with his family I sat down and watched Wall-e on my computer with Brandy's nephew Sage. He has the shortest attention span, but he's only 4 so it's understandable.

Thursday 27th (Turkey Day)

Paul went shooting with my brother's, Dad and Dave (my brother Ryan's Father-in-Law). It was so funny to see them all carrying all the guns around. My brothers love to have Paul come hang-out with them. They got back at about 11:00 and then we all went and got ready for dinner. My dad loves to use his smoker and this year he got a rotisserie for the BBQ. So they had a beef and pork on the smoker, a chicken on the BBQ, and a Ham in the crock-pot. Then when everybody sat down there were only 6 of us around the table. Everyone else was at their in-laws. When the time came for us to head over to Paul's parents house the rest of my family came over. Well Paul was nice enough that he said he wanted me to be able to see my family so we would go to his family's dinner but then come back and visit with my brothers and sisters. My oldest brother, Chad, has this huge dog that Gabe just loves to play with him. They got an empty 2 liter bottle and Gabe was playing catch with Bosco and the dog would just walk over Gabe to get the bottle. Then Sean thought he was going to pick on my dad and so Ryan and Paul got in there to help save him. Sean, however, gave them all a run for the money and Paul even ended up in a choke-hold. It wasn't until Chad got in on it and it was four against one that Sean finally gave up.













Friday 28th

We slept in!!! Paul's mom is a black friday shopper and she ended up down in Draper, so we went and met her for lunch. For the evening we took Bailly and Gabe to Temple Square to see the lights as they came on. Our friends from Logan came down as well and the little girls really wanted to see Bailly. The girls had a really good time seeing each other again.



All-in-all it was a very nice weekend.

0 Thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails