11.10.2008

Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana

One of my favorite things to order when we go out for dinner is Olive Gardens Zuppa Toscana. It's all you can eat soup and salad and the bread sticks are great too. I make sure to go when I'm hungry so I can get as much as possible. Well for School this semester Paul and I have started to prepare bigger meals or soups on Sunday so that we can have them through the week to eat and it's so much cheaper then deciding we don't want to fix anything and just going to a restaurant. Last week Paul found the recipe for Zuppa Soup so we thought we would try it. Here are the ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground Italian sausage
  • 1½ tsp crushed red peppers
  • 1 large diced white onion
  • 4 Tbsp bacon pieces
  • 2 tsp garlic puree
  • 10 cups water
  • 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
  • ¼ of a bunch of kale
When we were mixing all the ingredients together I noticed just how much one large onion is, and anyone who knows me knows I don't like onions. But after putting it all together and having our house smell like Zuppa, we were pretty impressed with how well it turned out. It was so good and it was even good reheated this after noon. I recommend that you try it on a cold winter day. SO good.

0 Thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails